For a perfect weekend getaway, Kolad is the ideal place. From the mountains to the river, it has everything one wants. Kolad river rafting is one of the best options to enjoy the rapids with your loved ones. And the stay in the Swiss tents is perfect to make your weekend a memorable one.
Kolad is a village in Raigad district that is just 120 KM from Mumbai and 60 KM from Pune.But it is not just that, Kolad is also a perfect place for couples and family.
With Kolad camping and River Rafting, you can enjoy the rapids of river Kundalika. And the luxurious Swiss tents will make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. just like kolad camping there is an another excellent camping location called Bhandardara camping.
With Kolad River Rafting, you can enjoy the rapids of the Kundalika river. And the luxurious Swiss tents will make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.
Day 1: Pick-up from Mumbai
Get picked up from your respective location in Mumbai and drive to Kolad in a private bus.
On arrival, check-in to your campsite at around 4 PM and freshen up.
Enjoy the entire evening at leisure. Go on walks in the lovely surroundings or relax in your campsite.
At around 8 PM, enjoy an authentic Maharashtrian cuisine dinner in the camp area.
Spend the night in your campsite.
Day 2: River Rafting & Trek
Have a scrumptious breakfast in the morning and get ready for the fun activities.
Head towards the River Kundalika for an amazing experience of river rafting. You will be provided with all the safety gear and will be given proper instructions before the activity commences.
Post the river rafting activity, head back to the campsite and have lunch.
Post lunch, head out for an exciting trek to the nearby waterfalls.
Have dinner in the campsite and spend the night in your luxurious Swiss tent.
Day 3: Breakfast & Departure
Wake up to a refreshing morning and have a delicious breakfast in the campsite.
Check-out from your campsite at around 10 AM and head back to your respective locations in Mumbai.
Your Kolad River Rafting & Luxurious Swiss Tent Stay package ends here.
5 things to do in Kolad
1. River Rafting:
Kolad is a renowned destination for river rafting in Maharashtra. The Kundalika River offers some of the best rapids for rafting in the state. The level of difficulty of the rapids ranges from easy to medium.
Kolad is an excellent destination for camping. There are many camping sites located near the Kundalika River. The campsites offer a beautiful view of the river and the surrounding mountains. The ideal time for camping is from October to March.
Kolad is a perfect destination for hiking. There are many hiking trails located in and around the town. The trails offer a beautiful view of the surrounding hills and valleys. The ideal time for hiking is from October to March.
4. Bird watching:
Kolad is a paradise for bird lovers. There are many bird watching spots located in and around the town. The ideal time for bird watching is from November to February.
Kolad is a perfect destination for fishing enthusiasts. The Kundalika River is home to a variety of fish species. The ideal time for fishing is from June to September.
How to get to Kolad?
1. By car: Kolad is located about 150km from Mumbai, so the drive takes about 3 hours. You can take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and then get onto the Old Mumbai-Pune Highway.
2. By train: You can take a train from Mumbai to Kolad, which takes about 4 hours. The best way to reach Kolad from the station is by taking a rickshaw.
3. By bus: You can also take a bus from Mumbai to Kolad, which takes about 4 hours.
Here are five famous places to see in Kolad.
1. Kundalika River: The Kundalika River is the main attraction of Kolad. The river has rapids of Grade III and IV and is ideal for adventure seekers.
2. Tamhini Ghat: Tamhini Ghat is a scenic mountain pass located near Kolad. The ghat has several waterfalls and is a great place to enjoy the beauty of nature.
3. Tala Fort: Tala Fort is a popular tourist destination in Kolad. It is a beautiful fort located on a hillock. The fort has several secret tunnels and is a great place to explore the history of the region.
4. Bhairavnath Temple: Bhairavnath Temple is a popular Hindu temple located in Kolad. The temple is dedicated to Lord Bhairava, the guardian deity of the town.
5. Rajmachi Fort: Rajmachi Fort is a popular tourist destination in Kolad. It is a beautiful fort located on a hillock. The fort has several secret tunnels and is a great place to explore the history of the region.
Here are some of the must carry items for Kolad camping.
- Carry a good pair of trekking shoes
- Carry a cap to protect from sun
- Carry a small towel
- Carry a bottle of water
- Carry a small bag to keep wet clothes
- Carry some snacks, biscuits, chips etc
Checkout: more Awesome Content